This tutorial explains how to use coupon codes. Coupon codes are also sometimes referred to as discount codes or promo codes.
What is a Coupon Code
A coupon code is a special code you give to your clients that they can enter into a CloudForm. Below is a breakdown of some of the coupon code features:
- Each coupon code provides a dollar or percentage discount off of the cloudform invoice.
- The coupon codes do support a discount of 100% off.
- The coupon code can be used in either the CloudForms or the StudioCloud Invoicing.
- The coupon codes also have the option of being required for those instances where you want to encourage a client to fill out a cloudform before the coupon code expires.
- The coupon codes also support having a limited number of uses for those instances where you want to either have a 1 time use code or a special for the first 100 clients that sign up for a form.
How to Create or Edit a Coupon Code
- Click on Point of Sale
- Click on Settings
- Click on Manage Coupon Codes button
- Click on the New Coupon Code button or edit an existing coupon code
What Do Each of the Coupon Code Fields Mean?
- Coupon Code
- This field is what the client will type in or copy and paste into the CloudForm
- Description for Clients
- This field is a brief description of the discount that is displayed to the client when they successfully apply the code in the cloudform
- Internal Notes
- This field is for notes that are not visible to the client
- Type of Discount
- This field is either the discount dollar amount or the discount percentage amount
- Expiration Date
- This field is the date when the discount code is no longer valid.
- Limited Use Coupon Code
- This field is if you want the coupon code to only support being used a limited number of times. Once the coupon code is used up it is automatically set as expired.
- Note: The limited use coupon code only applies to coupon codes used in the CloudForm. The remaining uses are ignored when the coupon code is used in the StudioCloud program.
How Do You Add the Coupon Code to a CloudForm
- Create a new CloudForm or edit an existing CloudForm
- Click on the Add/Edit Coupon Code button under the Details tab
What Do Each of the CloudForm Coupon Code Fields Below Mean
- Text Above Coupon Code
- Text Prompt
- Group Components
- Coupon Code Required
- If this option is select the form can not be submitted without a valid active coupon code
How Do You Use the Coupon Code in the StudioCloud program
Note: A coupon code used in the StudioCloud program does not change the remaining number of uses for that coupon code. In addition, if a coupon code has expired it can still be used in the StudioCloud program although it will notify you that the code has expired when you try and use it.
- Create a new invoice or edit an existing invoice
- Click the edit button next to the global discount
- Select the desired coupon code